Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Fruitful Hunt :o)

Yesterday was lots of fun!  My sister and I did some "hunting" at the local antique malls and I came home with lots of goodies :o)  Here are some pictures I took when I go home last night.  As you can see, my cat Murphy had to be the first to inspect everything, LOL.   I'm surprised all of the other cats weren't up there too!
I couldn't believe all of the beautiful lace they had!  And cheap too.   I only paid a dollar per bag!!  and that huge bag of pearl cotton there, $3!








all of the lace after I took it out of the bags!

I showed everything to Gregg and all he said was "Wow, you only bought one basket, I'm shocked!"


LOL!


Anyone who has been to my house or has been shopping with me knows that I LOVE baskets!! I have them everywhere. I'm running out of room so I even started hanging them from the beam on the cieling in the family room :o) I think I may need an intervention!!


Well, I better get back to sewing!  I can't wait to use some of this on my bears!


Have a great day!
*Jeannette

9 comments:

  1. Wow Jeannette what a haul! wish we had good shopping like that here. Awww Murphy is a cutie.

    Victoria :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a great set of finds. We don't really have malls like that here, in fact I don't even know where I'd find an antique shop! Perhaps they have some up the west end of the city, they get all the good funky stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I would have fun shopping with you!!!!! You DON'T need an intervention!! You just need a BIGGER HOUSE...like ME!!!!
    Hugs
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! great findings =) I love those antiques laces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you guys! I should have posted a pic of all the lace out of the bags, there is so much in there I was shocked when I emptied it all. I hung it all out on the line yesterday to let it air out. Maybe I will take some quick pics today.
    You are all welcome to come and do some shopping with me :o) If you are ever in northern Indiana, look me up!! :o)
    Kristina, I've tried talking Gregg into getting me a bigger house, LOL, I don't think he agrees with our logic. I'll keep trying :o)

    Hugs,
    *Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh what a find pity I dont have more shops like that in UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what wonderful finds you did great! Thank you so much for stopping by my shop and for the sweet email! I just love you blog! God bless you and yours, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you did get some wonderful finds. That will go great in the "stash"....you never know what you are going to use it for until you pull it out one day and say, "this is just what I was looking for"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love it when you comment!