Friday, September 25, 2015

The "Shapeways" Project

Hi All!
 
I mentioned in a previous post that I was going to start a small side project soon.  I am calling this my "Shapeways" project because that is where most of my inspiration is coming from.  There will also be a little bit of inspiration from my childhood as well. 
Today I wanted to share some quick pictures I took of the supplies I gathered to start the project.  This is by no means all that I will need for this little project, just enough to get me going.  Any guesses on what I'm making?  Ha ha!

 
I also received my first order from Shapeways for this project.  Isn't it wonderful!  I just love this little chair!  I found this in the shop of tisch and it was originally only listed in half scale, but I sent a message to the shop owner and ask them if it would be possible to get this item in 1" scale.  They replied very quickly and had my item listed before the day was out and then it arrived at my door within a week.  Talk about great service!    I ordered it in white with a matte finish, but I will be painting it.
 

 
I am really looking forward to getting started on this project!  Hopefully this weekend I can do that and then update you all on how it is going.  :o)
 
Happy Friday!
*Jeannette 
 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love it when you comment!