Sunday, June 28, 2015

A Delay And A Move

Hi Folks!
Sorry for the long delay in posting! 
Long story short, we had to move house unexpectedly and quickly.  I've spent all of the past month packing and unpacking, but we are in our new house now and as soon as we are settled I will get back to posting.
Before we found out we had to move, I did have some time to work on the Newport a little bit. Thankfully I remembered to take pictures before I had to pack everything up!  So I will be back with some updates on that.  :o)
I also have the Bear Hugs 4 U online show right around the corner, so I hope you can join me!
Be back soon!
Bear hugs,

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there celebrating today!  I hope your day is wonderful!


Sunday, April 19, 2015

Miniature Show Goodies!

Friday I made the trip to Chicago to the wonderful Tom Bishop Miniature show.  It was so much fun!  It always makes me wish I was a millionare though, LOL!
I found some wonderful little goodies.  Most will go in the Newport, but I did get a couple for my garden shed and also for a future project I've been thinking about for a few years now.
The picture above is a knitted pot holder and tiny little snail from 64TNT.  The little snail even has four little eye stalks that I managed not to break before I got home!
Above and below are my finds from The Little Dollhouse Company.  I've decided that the Newport will have a craft room on the third floor, so the wondeful little tweezers are destined for that space.
I apologize for the glare on the packages.
These little breads, cups and baskets are from TYA Kitchen.  All of their things are so well made!  I have a special project in mind for the cups and went to the show looking for something exactly like these.  I was so please to find them.

 The crock and basket are from Jane Graber's table.  In case you haven't noticed, I have a thing for baskets.  I have a ton of them in my 1:1 house too.
The hydrangea is from Jan van den Doel
The Kitchen Captive is one of my favorite places to stop at this show.  She makes extremely realistic food items.
Ok, so I finally gave in and purchased the knotwork kit from Teresa Layman that I have been admiring.  It is a larger kit and I have never done knotwork before, but you know what they say, "Go big or go home"!
Wonderful little spiral notebook and towel from lolittle Miniatures.
Wonderful little octopus from Vitreus ignis.  I think this was my favorite purchase of the day.  He now resides in the curio cabinet in the Newport living room.  :o)
Orchid is by Paula Gilhooley.  I love her flowers and try to get at least one every time I see her at a show. 
Wee little mouse by k. kuti designs
The printers tray and extension cord will find a home in the Newport.  These both came form Wright Guide Miniatures.  They have a lot of really cool things!
Below is my purchase from Sir Thomas Thumb.  I love their minis as well!  I have been trying to get a rake from them for quite a while now, but they always seem to be sold out.  I made their table my first stop and finally scored one.  YAY!
(Sorry again for the glare!)
Have a great day!!

Monday, March 23, 2015

New Bunny for Easter

Happy Monday!
I have a new bunny available today just in time for the Easter holiday.  His name is Peter and he comes complete with his own Easter eggs. 
He is available over on my Bear Pile page if you would like to take a look.

*As a side note, I'm having some trouble with my mailing list service and I haven't been able to send it today.  If you are a member, I apologize for this.  Hopefully it will be working again soon.
Thanks so much for visiting!
Bear hugs,

Thursday, March 12, 2015

A new bear for St. Patrick's Day

With St. Patrick's Day not far off I wanted to create a bear for the occasion.  While I may not be Irish, I will use any excuse to work with my favorite color green.  Not to mention the fact that I am in love with anything pertaining to Ireland.  Going there is at the very top of my bucket list!   So I dug through my stash of fur and picked out this lovely green and cream mohair combination and came up with "Finnegan".   There is still a little bit of a chill in the air so I gave him a warm little scarf.  ;o) 
I hope you like him as much as I do!
He is listed over on my Bear Pile page right now.

Have a wonderful day!

Monday, March 9, 2015

Mind Block

Do you ever feel like your mind is completely blocked?  That's how I feel today.  It's not because I am out of ideas, far from it.  I just have so many ideas that I don't know where to start, so I sit and think.....and think.....and think.  And then at the end of the day I have nothing to show for it.    That was my day.   I got other things done of course, like school, laundry, house cleaning, dinner, dishes....but no bears.   My muse must be on vacation. 
I like to look for inspiration online when I feel this way.  My favorites are vintage images and folk art, they inspire me.   I'll leave you with this wonderful picture I found over on The Graphics Fairy blog.  Isn't he cute!
What inspires you?
Bear hugs,

Friday, March 6, 2015

Online Show Today!

Good Morning!
The sun is shining and it is a beautiful day here in Indiana!  I hope some of this snow will melt, my driveway is one long sheet of ice.  It was no fun walking to the mailbox let me tell ya!
Today is the start of the Bear Hugs 4 U online show.  I hope you can visit!
The show opens at 12:00 noon (EST) and closes on Sunday.
I have 10 exclusive pieces available on my page, including "Ariana".   The theme for this show is "Teddi and Her Friend", so Ariana is holding her favorite little bear.  They will travel to their new home together.   She is made from the softest Tissavel fur I have ever worked with.
We hope to "see" you at the show!
Bear hugs,