I have managed to get some work done on the exterior of the garden shed in between making bears and drooling over the possibilities for the Newport :o)
It has mostly been a lot of painting, sanding, ageing and more painting! So far I have the windows and door finished, although they are not permanently attached yet. I also have the porch floor and posts installed, painted and aged. Eventually I will add a railing. The next step will be the siding. The lines drawn on the walls are my guides. I will make another post after I have that finished :o)
I added my can of "fuel" here for size comparison :o)
I think the screen door is my favorite part of this project so far! It turned out just like I hoped it would. It is hard to see the actual screen in the photos though, sorry about that. I chose to add working windows also.
I cut strips of basswood for the porch floor, then did several layers of painting and ageing. The posts and steps were given the same treatment, but I decided to add trim to the bottom of the posts for extra detail. I like the way it looks :o)
I think everything is coming along nicely, but I certainly have a lot more work to do!
Thanks for stopping by!