As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been planning to build a garden shed in miniature for quite some time now. I purchased a kit about a year ago to use as the base for this project and when I first got it I put it together to see how it would look. Well, life sort of got in the way and the garden shed took a back seat to other things, but yesterday I dug it out and dusted it off. :o) The pictures below show the dry build as of yesterday. Of course I will be changing some aspects of it, but overall I really like the look. I am really impressed by the quality of this kit! It went together really easily, and the wood is great compared to some of the other kits I have purchased. No warping or splitting and best of all, no sanding needed, I hate sanding, LOL!
I decided to alter my original plan for the outside finish, so I have to order some supplies, but I promise to post an update of this project as soon as I have something to show! This is going to be fun :o)
This is a shot of the front and side of the shed, the other side is a solid wall and the back is open. I love the porch, but the posts look off to me, so I will be changing the placement of those.
Inside of the shed. the kit includes a second floor, but I will not be including that in my build. It just slides out, easy peasy!
just a photo of the kit box. I ordered this from miniatures.com
Well, lots to do today so I better get to it. I hope you all have a wonderful day!